Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Little Background :)

Now this seems like a good place to start :).

 I'm a happily married mom of three and, in fact, my baby is SEVEN today. I know, everyone is always talking about how time flies...and I swore I wouldn't be that person but MAN! How did that happen???

My husband Tim, is a math teacher and, after 13 years at the same middle school, will be switching schools this Friday! A much needed and welcome change for all of us. 

Well, let's back up. After dating for 6 years, in 1997 Tim and I got married.  At the time I was working as a Criminal Investogator and Tim was just beginning his teaching credential program. Never did I think I'd eventually be a SAHM. I LOVED my job and assumed I'd be there forever. Well, fast forward to 2000 and,(yes, another cliche), you never know how you're going to feel after they put your baby in your arms. I did return to work after our eldest Nathan was born. However, we then had Hannah in 2002 and Teddy 18 months later. Yes, I had three kids in 3.5 years! (More about that at a later date :). After much discussion and crunching of numbers, it made more sense for me to stay home than it did to pay for three kids, three and under, in daycare.

So, fast forward to today, Teddy's 7th Birthday...I have now been that SAHM for almost eight years. It is so hard to believe that much time has passed. And, as much as I hate to admit it sometimes, I am probably best known as this...the SAH, PTO, soccer, Martha Stewart Mom. There is so much more to me and I have a lot to say about this topic as well. Stick with me and I'll get to that :)

So, for now, I am the wife to Tim, the mom to Nathan (10), Hannah (8) and Teddy (7). Also the mom to our two Puggles Abby and Marvel. I am a part time Mortgage Consultant (recently fully licensed through NMLS!), I am the PTO Secretary, I work actively in my kids' classrooms and then shuttle them around to various activities in the afternoon. We live in the most kid-friendly community I could imagine and we are so fortunate to have the best friends we could ask for, all within walking distance. I workout like a madwoman to keep the weight off for good (I promise to get to that as well), I enjoy spending time with my family, imbibing in adult beverages with our friends, baking (and giving it away) and living life to it's fullest!

I like to think I'm a positive person and well, I make myself laugh so I must be funny! If I had a motto it would have to be...OK, there's two...first of all "choose happy". Infact, I wanted to name my blog this but it was taken. Secondly, I am a firm believer that, as parents, "we are all just doing our best". The way I am raising my children and the decisions I make may not be in line with yours, but we are all doing the best we know how. How much more we could learn if we weren't so judgmental of others?

That's all for now. I'm a bit sentimental this evening thinking of how quickly my kids are growing. Another instance where I need to stop and count my blessings for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment